Monday, December 6, 2010

Candy Cane Cupcakes

I know I've been pretty slow posting lately. Welcome to the holidays! It's pretty hectic around here, to put it mildly. But I have definitely been busy baking. I made the first of my Christmas cupcakes - candy cane!

The idea behind it was pretty simple. I used my go-to cake recipe and just tweaked it for these cupcakes. Because it's made for layer cakes, it made a LOT of cupcakes, but it's such a perfect cake I didn't care.

I added a little peppermint flavoring and probably 2/3 of a bag of chocolate chips. I also crushed up the candy canes a little coarsely the first time. You can tell by the picture. The second round, I crushed them fine and it turned the cake mix pink. I actually liked that better. I also used both chocolate and vanilla buttercream. I think everyone liked chocolate best. Imagine that!

Overall, these were a simple cupcake to make but they were a pretty big hit!



YUMMY!!

I bought a Cricut Cake Mini on Black Friday and have been very busy playing....I mean WORKING with that. Expect quite a few CCM blogs to follow as I learn how use it.

No comments:

Post a Comment