Sunday, September 5, 2010

The Most Delicious Fail (so far!)

My husband loves cherries. Pretty much anything cherry. Even that artificial flavor that I think tastes like cough syrup or throat drops. Not sure what to say about that exactly. He's weird. Anyway, I found this recipe for a chocolate cherry cake made with cherry pie filling on allrecipes (http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Cherry-Chocolate-Cake/Detail.aspx) that sounded awesome. Probably if I had just followed the recipe and made the cake, it would have been perfect. But that's not my style! I did follow the recipe, except I added chocolate chips. Because I believe less is not more - more is just enough! Then I made it into cupcakes. Because I'm currently obsessed with cupcakes. And I had to make some for the bachelorette party this weekend so I figured they would be a hit.




Well, it was so good! But structurally, it was such a fail. The little paper cupcake wrappers couldn't hold all that goodness and they ended up looking like this.


The taste was AWESOME!! I took them into work and everyone loved them. Actually, we loved them too much which is why I wanted them out of the house!

I'm thinking I'll try this again. As a cake. Probably I will still add more chocolate. Because there is no such thing as too much chocolate in my opinion!

No comments:

Post a Comment