Saturday, August 21, 2010

MARIO MADNESS!!!!!!!!!

My girlfriend at work asked me to do her little boy's 7th birthday cake. He is apparently obsessed with Mario. I was so excited to do this cake! I decided to not even try to make Mario himself since I really didn't want to mess it up. Besides, wouldn't it be more fun to get toys too? So I ordered some figures off eBay (yes, I am an eBay addict....) and got to work designing the background. I found some great ideas online, but in the end just decided to stick with the game background for the cake.


Gabriel wanted a white cake with vanilla frosting. A little plain for me, but what the birthday boy wants, the birthday boy gets! So I made a vanilla cake with vanilla buttercream. I did the filling layer and the crumb coat in white icing and dyed the top coat a sky blue. I then used marshmallow fondant to create the scene.



Unfortunately, I didn't get a good picture of the cake with the figures on it because I didn't want to ruin it just so I could post about it. But I have a little picture from mom's camera phone she sent me. Gabriel loved his cake and I really did have so much fun making it. I can still hear the music from Super Mario Bros.......

No comments:

Post a Comment